Saturday, June 21, 2014

Time to Reflect!


 
It is hard to believe another course is wrapping up.  Eight courses down and two to go! I think this course challenged me the most so far.  It required me to step out of my comfort zone such as establishing a GAME plan and trying new things that will benefit my students.
 
Step 1: Reflect on the GAME plan you developed and followed throughout the course. Summarize any new learning that resulted from following your GAME plan, and explain what impact your new learning will have on your instructional practice. Describe how you might revise your plan based on your progress. Also, share your thoughts and ideas about how you might modify and use the GAME plan process with your students.
Tab Back in Week One, I was not so sure about writing a GAME Plan.  However, as time when on and I continued on my GAME plan journey, I started to see the value in creating a GAME plan. I see now that just because I make a plan it does not mean I cannot go back and add information or revise my plan.  My learning is continually in progress.  That by establishing a GAME plan it helps me adjust and make changes.  I just feel as though after setting my goals that I had to take action monitor and evaluate fast. I will continue to work on my professional development and enhance my relationships with my colleagues.  I will also continue to work on my leadership skills. I know it is just an eight week course, however, I felt that I need a little more time to make everything really work.  I think by establishing my GAME plan, I was able to keep track of my goals and it was easier to accomplish the goals I set. It also allows me to evaluate the work and make adjustments where necessary.  I truly believe that it allows me to meet my professional goals, such as enhancing my professional development and leadership skills, as well as the educational goals with my students.  The GAME plan can help students organize their own learning and keep track of their own goals within that lesson.  This will push my students towards the self-directed learning process.

 
Step 2: Describe any immediate adjustments you will make to your instructional practice regarding technology integration in your content area(s) as a result of your learning from this course. How might you integrate technology as well as problem-based learning, social networking/online collaboration, and digital storytelling into your instruction?

As a result of this course, I have had many ideas running through my head that I could now try with my students or use in the future. I have been exposed to several technology concepts that will be implemented in my classroom.  For example, problem-based learning (PBL) is still pretty new to me.  I just recently created the Planning Your Summer Vacation PBL.  I will continue to create PBL’s.  They engaged and motivated my students.  Social networking was not new to me but I worked on some assessment pieces for online collaboration. 
Digital storytelling in my instruction was a lot of fun to use.  I would like my students to use more digital stories.  They do take a lot of planning but students were intrigued in using them.  I would like to try new digital story tools that I have not tried to implement yet.  I need to work on my creativity on coming up on unique ideas that will intrigue my students.

I have a lot of ideas running though my head.  I cannot wait to integrate the new technologies that I have learned into my instruction.

No comments:

Post a Comment